Welcome to our Bi-Weekly Updates!
Please check back every other Wednesday for updated information!
2nd Annual Players Signing Night
We are excited to announce our 2nd Annual Players Signing Night coming this Spring. Join us in this senior sendoff event in celebrating our senior’s successes on and off the field as they prepare for the next chapter of their soccer career at their chosen post-secondary schools. Stay tuned for event details in the coming weeks.
Parents: please email Jenn Crostarosa at firstname.lastname@example.org with any important dates to avoid for your senior.
The Kitchen is Officially Opened
The kitchen is officially open again! We will be offering Perogies, Kielbasa, Cheese Steaks, Greek Salads and a much more on a new and improved menu. Come in for a bite to eat while your player trains!
New Board Member
We would like to welcome our new board member, Bobby Andrews, to our team as the Director of Business Development. Bobby comes to us as both a parent and an assistant coach to the club with an outstanding pedigreed soccer background, finishing his career playing professionally. He is looking forward to getting started as a board member of the Ukrainian Nationals Soccer Club and will be sure to add his expertise and guidance in new business and fundraising ventures to help further along our success as a club. Welcome Bobby!
Parent Code of Conduct Reminder
With cup season and high competition in full swing, we want to remind our families of the Code of Conduct signed when registering your player(s) this season:
I/we will set a good example to my/our child in his/her soccer development by adhering at all times to the following:
- We will not criticize the referee openly or directly, during or after games. Any criticism shall be done in writing, sent to my manager and my club representative, not verbally.
- We will give only positive feedback to players whether mine, ours and theirs.
- We will cheer at all games within the spirit of fair play and shall do our best to cheer the effort regardless of the outcome. We will be mindful in “lopsided” game where cheering our own “winning” team might be misunderstood.
- We shall do our best to teach our players to become students of the game.
- We shall show the quality of our sportsmanship during and after each game and help our child remember to thank the referee after the match without regard to the result.
- We shall do our very best to have our child prepared for every game.
- We shall support the learning efforts of the players, the coaches, and the referees by demonstrating our patience.
- We understand that improper behavior at a game may result in a parent being asked to leave the field by the referee, the TSL, or a club official so the coach does not receive a yellow card caution or a red card ejection due to the action of the parent or spectator.
- We shall leave the coaching to the coach during the game. We shall not give our child instructions during the game.
- We understand that the leagues can, and will if necessary, suspend our individual privilege to watch our child play should we behave in a manner that is rude or otherwise offensive.
- We agree to do our best to have as much fun watching the game as the players should have playing the game.
- We will do our best to have our child to training and games at the time specified by the Coach/Manager
- We agree to follow all rules and regulations at Tryzub including directions for vehicle traffic/ parking and agree never to drop my child off on the adjacent roads (Lower State or County Line) or in the premises driveway
- We agree to control the conduct of our guests and advise them of our Code of Conduct
- We agree not to engage in any behavior that would compromise the reputation of the Club, its members and in particular, be harmful to my daughter or son and our families.
Parents will be accountable for their actions. Depending on the severity of misbehavior, misconduct or dissent, the parent may have the following imposed:
- Suspension from training
- Suspension from games
- Expulsion from the club
Summer camp scheduling is in full swing. Please check out our calendar and camp link (https://www.ukrainiannationals.com/register/ ) for more information. As part of your membership to our teams, 2 weeks of camp are free to new and returning players for the ’21-’22 season once you are registered for the new season.
Safety Updates: Dropoff/Pickup, Parking and Pedestrian Traffic
It is very important you adhere to the traffic patterns at the club. There is absolutely no drop off allowed anywhere in the driveway or parking lot at any time. Please pull into a parking spot to drop your player off. Not adhering to this is a major safety violation. Teams will be fined for any player that is dropped off in the driveway or parking lot without properly being parked in a spot.
There is also absolutely no parking allowed by the snack stand under any circumstances in the front of the driveway by anyone. This is an emergency area only that is dedicated to first responders in emergency situations. This entrance cannot be blocked for any reason at any time.
Foot Traffic: Please use the two bridges (by the main parking lot and the picnic grove) to get to your fields. There have been several complaints of players and parents walking down the main driveway causing major traffic jams during pickup and drop off times. This alone will cause people to want to let the players out in the driveway where it is strictly prohibited. For the safety of all, please refrain to using the driveway as your main path to get to any field and instead properly use the crosswalk and bridges to get to the fields.
Ukies Trivia: Fact or Fiction?
The last ASL championship the Ukrainian Nationals won was in 1970.
They won their last ASL championship in 1970. The Encyclopedia of American Soccer History notes that, with the rise of the NASL at this time, the Ukrainian Nationals “could lay claim to the mantle of being the last ASL team to be ranked first in the country.” During their time in the ASL they became the first U.S. team to have their home games televised.
Support our Ukies! Here are a few games to watch this weekend- check out the schedule here.